During 2018 the Association opened a new purpose-built, fully enclosed depot in which to house members of its historic fleet. This has enabled the NTA to move away from a variety of rented open and covered sites around the country in which those of its vehicles not covered by loan agreements with operating museums have traditionally been kept.
The depot, situated near Beccles in East Anglia, contains a floor area of approximately 1650 sq. ft., is of completely new steel-framed construction with brick cladding at the lower level and fire-resistant cladding conforming to current building regulations above. There is a solid concrete base and a roller shutter door for vehicular access. It has accommodation for up to four double-deck trolleybuses, together with space for the storage of spare parts and equipment as well as archival material and artefacts. The facility provides covered space in which vehicle restoration and maintenance can be carried and the intention is that use of the remaining outside rented accommodation will be discontinued in the near future.
The construction and associated costs were financed by generous donations from members of the NTA Board and from the Associationís own resources.